Things that annoy me (including yesterday):
- Holes in my socks. So annoying.
- Shank has a cut on his paw from last Sunday’s walk. He licks it… to the point where it seems to be his duty and obligation to constantly lick, like the fate of the world depends on it. There are wet spots everywhere in the house where he’s enjoyed a licking bender. I’ve bandaged it up ad nauseam. I make him stay next to me in the office so I can watch him. It’s wearing on me.
- So many things about Facebook. It’s so annoying that Facebook for Business now messages me via messenger everytime anything happens on a boosted post or ad. I don’t have the notifications on (my phone would literally blow up), and finally yesterday I had time to delve into the settings to turn set the annoyance to a minimum (once a week as opposed to about 40 times a day). Also annoying is that businesses can lose their good message response rating by not replying after a conversation. So literally if after a conversation with a customer, and I reply, “thank you”, and they say “you’re welcome”… end of the conversation, right? But because I don’t reply after that, the rating drops. So stupid and annoying!
- While we enjoy “the fastest Internet in Canada”, yesterday I had many connection issues in the afternoon. William has been complaining about the connection in the evenings, but I don’t notice, as I try not to be online, but yesterday it REALLY affected my productivity and anger level.
- Being sick on Monday and doing very little has really screwed me up for the week. I have more work to do today than I normally do. Annoying.
- I’ve been wanting to meet or speak with a client of mine for nearly two months… STILL waiting for their response or phone call. This is kind of a big thing for me! Arg.
Things I’m grateful for (including yesterday):
- I’m grateful to have socks, but it seems that all my favourites are either without a partner or have a hole in the toe.
- William and Shank slept on the couch last night so I could sleep without hearing and feeling Shank lick himself. William also did a bang-up job wrapping his foot.
- I still have a bad cough, but I’m feeling less foggy and much better.
- Discussed the Super Bowl party plans with William, it should be a good time – and the last party of the party season (which generally runs from American Thanksgiving until Super Bowl).
- I’m grateful for the clients who either pay me early or pay me on time. Thanks.
That’s it for now, life is good.
This winter has been bad! Really bad! Record snowfalls, record cold, and I’ve been record cranky about it! There’s been days when I could have gotten out to walk the dogs, but there is no where to go that isn’t covered in a foot of snow or more. Shank doesn’t care, but Halia and I certainly do!
I think we’ve received close to 70 inches of snow this season. Our norm is around 35. Super.
Here’s a picture taken during the latest snowfall – about 7 inches.
I snapped this pic last week. Funny thing… I live in ‘The Municipality of the Town of Kingsville’, my phone number is ‘Cottam’, my mailing address is ‘Essex’ but the (barely) a village I’m closest to (like 1/4 of a KM) is North Ridge (North Ridge, hence the hill in our yard). Here’s a pic of the village’s sign:
I did take Mr. Shank out for a walk on the week-end to Sutton Creek Golf Club – I just can’t stay away! Even in the winter! I thought the walking would be easier in the ditch (frozen solid obviously). It wasn’t easier, but it was definitely pretty!
During the last snowfall I was stuck inside and a little cranky, as I really wanted to go into town and run a few errands… I’ll preface this by saying a) they are very nice neighbours, b) they might have been going to deliver food to shut ins, or donate blood, or serve at the soup kitchen… I’ve only been inside our local Mickey D’s 3 times and I’ve seen him there twice… that’s the disclaimer…
Best neighbour ever! A little while later guess who snowblowed our driveway so I could get out! Yay!
Life’s (brr) good.
So lucky me was up at 3:30. That’s only 4.5 hours sleep – ugh.
Here’s my thoughts…
3:30 – ahh, good, I still have an hour and a half left to sleep.
4:00 – I can still get an hour’s sleep, not bad.
4:15 – ugh, stop thinking about all the crap I have to do today, I can still get some sleep!
4:45 – this sucks! Maybe I should skip the gym and sleep to 7.
4:55 – if I would like to eat today (a couple of my girlfriends are coming over tonight to apps, cocktails and hot tub), I better go to the gym.
4:49 – get to the alarm and reset it for William before it goes off.
Not so super awesome things today –
– Eye doctor appointment. I REALLY need glasses. I lost my 3 year old pair in Cleveland, and Shank recently ate my 5 year old pair. I’m spending a lot of time on the computer lately, and my eyes are bugging me. Also, I’m driving to Florida in a couple of weeks, and will certainly need glasses.
– A bunch of work and emailing to do.
– Can’t walk the dogs, as Shank’s foot is still healing (did I blog about that? I don’t think so… another time).
– MomG is in London and my mom is busy all day today, so that means I’m going to have two ornery dogs to deal with.
– I have a headache.
Good things today –
– Girlfriends are coming over tonight
– It’s one day closer to Shank being good to walk (Either Saturday or Tuesday – due to ‘Family Day’ on Monday, the vet is closed – have to make an appointment)
What I would like –
To take a nap, eat something, not have a headache, walk the dogs, skip to about 6pm tonight.
Ah well, if that’s all I have to complain about, I’m not doing so bad.
It’s been cold. Like below average cold, but seriously, it’s Canada. Based on Facebook you’d think the sky is falling. Yes it’s cold. I’m sure it was cold when you went to school/work/gym this morning. Guess what? I was cold too, but seriously folks, it’s Canada (albeit Southern Ontario… still…).
Yeah, it’s been so cold one does not venture outdoors unless one has to. I told the dogs this, and they collectively decided, ‘We don’t care. Walk us.’ They don’t care about wind chill. They don’t care about snow (well, Halia does sometimes).
So this (a part of my ‘not impressed look’ meme for Stevil) is me yesterday…
I was 5*F more unimpressed yesterday than today, as yesterday it was a balmy 4*F when I walked the dogs (with a wind chill of a brisk -20*F), and today, although I looked pretty much the same, it was 9*F, with almost no wind.
William and I were in the hot tub last night and realized the the air temperature was 101*F colder than the hot tub water temperature. Now that’s something, I guess.
It’s winter. In Canada.
Inspired by SB, I’ve finally done my day in pictures. Prepare to be amazed at the excitement which is my life! From Thursday, January 10th, 2013.
5.30 am – At the gym!
6:30 – Still at the gym. This is my ‘impressed’ face – just finished an hour of cardio. Yay me. I’m so thrilled – actually I was so happy to done! Holy bags under my eyes!
Ah… the sweet reward – coffee! Beautiful sunrise. It’s a great way to start the day – home from the gym, dogs out and fed and coffee in hand by 7:30!
On the computer at work by 8:30 – just starting some scheduling with Hootsuite. I sit at the coffee table in front of the sofa – you can see Halia on the love seat in the background.
9:30 – Still working. Obviously my workmates are having an incredibly productive day – lounging, and sleeping.
10:30 – I’m starving! Bananas, oatmeal and a bored Shank in the background…
Thrilling life eh? 11:30 – walking the dogs on the fake Greenway. It’s the incomplete part from Essex into near McGregor, hence ‘fake’. It’s mostly used by 4-wheelers and snowmobiles. I’ve only ever seen 2 people walking on it, so it’s a great place for the dogs – not near any busy roads, and nobody there – perfect! That’s Shank running down the path, Halia, as usual is lagging behind me.
12:30 we’re just finishing up our walk. This is Halia’s paw print from the last time we were there. I could tell by the marks in the snow that there was no one there since us the week prior!
Relaxing time! – 1:30
William is home early (don’t tell his boss!) – chilling on the couch at 2:30!
3:30 – SHOCKER – I’m hungry again! Pre-dinner salad type thing – it’s AWESOME by the way!
William bathed the dogs. Always a debacle! 4:30 wet, rather unhappy dogs.
VIDEO alert – isn’t this exciting? It’s dinner time at 5:30.
6:30 – going to KT’s for a girl’s night. Have to move fast as I thought it started at 7, but she invited us over for 6! Yikes!
I meant to take a couple of pics at KT’s – but I forgot! Oh well, you get the idea!
Fascinating! Okay, not really, but it was fun documenting the day. Not the most exciting in life I’m sure, but it’s mine and I love it.
I’m about half way through reading my 173 unread items in my Google Reader, and I’m getting sleepy – and it’s 2:25pm on Saturday, January 5th. Nap time!
Well, I’m pretty much up and at um around 5:30 every morning. If I’m not on my way to the gym (a rather recent phenomenon), then I’m in bed feeling guilty about not being at the gym. Regardless… This morning I was at the gym by 7am, worked for about 3 hours, (unusual for a Saturday, but whatever), then walked the pooch for an hour (plus drive time – not many places to walk the Shank around here), in the snow. In the cold. I’m beat.
William worked a bit today (he went to the gym this morning as well) oh – he just came home! Our scheduled nap time today (we do that once in a while) was between 1:30 and 2:30, waking to watch football and start our date night dinner (prime rib of course) around 4pm.
So, even though now he’s home, greeting the dog very enthusiastically, it will still be more than 1/2 an hour before I can successfully rest my sleepy head. Why? He has to marinate (not sure if you’d call it a marinate or not, it’s just melted butter, crushed peppercorns, and coarse – I like to call it angry – salt) the prime rib, shower and make something for lunch. Of course (as a good wife would do), I offered to do the prime rib for him (although I’m terrible with a mortal, pestle and peppercorns) and make him lunch, but he, like a good, duty bound husband, refused my offer.
The butter is melting, the peppercorns are being pummeled.
What a good Saturday. As long as his cell doesn’t go off…
(His head isn’t really that much bigger than mine. Bigger, yes, but not that much. Ugh, this pic was taken at the beginning of the dreaded ‘Movember’)
(Just before Movember, pink hair, funny hat)
This is a dog conversation that occurs pretty much every day.
And yes, my dogs do communicate telepathically.
Halia – My Liz just went upstairs, what do you think she’s doing?
Shank – I’ll go look!
Halia – I’ll go with you!
Shank – She’s in the bathroom! That’s a good sign!
Halia – What’s she doing in there? Go in.
Shank – The door’s closed, so I’ll push it open.
Halia – Push it open and I’ll go with you.
Shank – OMG! SHE’S BRUSHING HER TEETH!
Halia – That could be a good sign, or a bad sign!
Shank – That could be a good sign! I’m going to start wagging my tail!
Halia – She’s not telling us to leave. That’s a good sign! I’m going to start wagging my tail and dancing around a bit.
Shank – Me too! I’m getting excited.
Halia – SHE’S GOING INTO HER CLOSET! This is getting good! Follow her!
Shank – OMG! SHE’S CHANGING HER CLOTHES! I’m starting to lose it! I might bite you because I’m so excited!
Halia – I’m excited too! Don’t bite me! I’ll growl and bite you back!
Shank – I can’t help it! I’m overwhelmed. I bite! I bite!
Halia – I’m going to dance around more!
Shank – Me too! I’m so excited!
Halia – She’s going for the entry closet!
Shank – OMG! THE LEASHES ARE IN THAT CLOSET. I’M GOING TO WHINE, BARK AND BITE. I CAN’T HELP MYSELF!
Halia – Control yourself! She needs to put my collar on!
Shank – OMG! YOUR COLLAR IS ON. WE’RE GOING SOMEWHERE. I DON’T EVEN CARE WHERE! THIS IS SO AWESOME!
Halia – Let’s run for the garage door. I plan on tripping over you, growling, and whining.
Shank – I’M LOSING MY MIND!
Halia – She’s going for her shoes!
Shank – OMG! SHOES ARE A GOOD SIGN! HER PURSE! AAAARRRRHHHHGGGG! I’M TOTALLY FREAKING OUT!
Halia – She’s opening the door! Be sure to get into the garage before she tells us no! Push, run, shove, whine!
Shank – OMG! I’M IN THE CAR. I’M TOTALLY FREAKING OUT!
Yep, pretty much everyday. Entertaining to say the least. Except on those occasions when I’m not taking them with me. Then they act like the most neglected, saddest, depressed canines ever.