Wow, it does seem like I've spent all morning on the computer, but really I've accomplished many things today, (laundry, plant maintenance, cleaned the remotes with rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush).
I have also checked Facebook twice already.
Am I Crackbook addict? I don't think so. I check it a couple of times a day. Usually it's a familiar report of people I 'know' whose kids are sick, are complaining of the weather, and relating hockey tournament results.
I have blocked one guy for about a year now. He would update his status several times a day and it was always political: whining about a proposed tax, an act that should be passed, what nationality soldier died where doing what, etc, sprinkled with requests to join, 'Canadians for Whatever'. Bah.
I am considering blocking someone else. She is a person I knew in the 5th grade. She was nice enough, but so desperate for friends, it was exhausting. She was always promising gifts, or trips to the mall. She talked about her birthday party 6 months in advance and never had one, (I'm sure she had a not so great home life).
It doesn't appear that much has changed for her. She posts status updates up to 10 times a day. She responds immediately to anyone that has written anything regarding her status.
I decided to air my grievances about this woman here and VOx and checked her 'wall' because I was simply going to copy and paste some of her recent Facebook woes, but ah ha! She deleted it, so I will have to go by memory… some are real, some are based on memory…
Feb 16th, 7:04 am
good morning fb i need coffee
Feb 16th 7:45 am
still so tired need more coffee
Feb 16th 9:01 am
wow i am starting to feel like a doormat im not waiting for you to contact me anymore
Feb 16th 9:15 am
im figuring out who you really are and you know what i mean b/c its like u said
Feb 16th 10:47 am
so sick of fb thinking of leaving for a while will miss you all
Feb 16th 11:53 am
making spagetti-o's for lunch whose coming over?
Feb 16th 1:01 pm
it reall about as bad as it could possibly get I feel like I am suffercating in this box that is my life Im fine just sayin what could possibly be next
Feb 16th 2:32 pm
I am getting use to being ignored love it
Random Friend A: what's going on girlfriend?
Response: its just I feel like sometimes if a person doent wanna talk to someone then someone should say something is all you know what Im sayin thanks for caring
Feb 16th 5:15 pm
Feb 16 7:31 pm
just made great herbal tea anyone want to do something this weekend first one in my inbox wins
Feb 16th 9:43 pm
2day will probly be my last day on here for a while I need a break from here
Today's lovely sharing time consisted of her asking if you are her 'friend' to click the 'like' button…. just checked… herself and 15 out of 301 friends have clicked 'like'. I have been so tempted to be a) nice and b) mean. When she 'threatens' to leave Facebook, I want to post, 'JUST LEAVE ALREADY! Nobody will miss you or your lack of punctuation, poor grammar and spelling!' Seriously, she says she is going to leave Facebook every other week.
So, am I going to block her? Probably not. Annoying people can be entertaining. Go ahead BMW, make her day and friend request her, just for fun.
Also, I understand if no lurkers out there made it to the end of this post… It annoyed even me. Maybe I should just leave Vox… JUST KIDDING!
Over the last couple of weeks, I've been mentally composing a list of wrongs – here it is.
– Tiger Woods. Enough already. Who cares? I'm sure there is a time in many marriages when one partner would very much like to take a stiff shaft of steel and strike it against a thin pane of glass. Most of us are lucky that our lives and indiscretions are not written about in the tabloids. I do feel bad that Tiger thinks we're all so dumb as to believe his story. It also sucks that so many of his fans won't be able to see him play this week-end. I'll be glad when this story isn't the headline of every news report.
– People shooting one another. There was just another incident in Seattle where someone took it upon themselves to kill random (or not so random) people. We need to find another way of dealing with our frustrations people! Step away from the gun! And yes, guns do kill people – when they are held by angry mentally unstable people. America – It's way past the time to review the 'right to bear arms'. Seriously.
– Party crashers in DC. Obviously this couple is completely classless - way to inspire terrorists – Good job Secret Service. Get over yourselves. If that couple does appear on the Real Housewives of DC, yes I will watch, but I will do so knowing they are douches. Yes, douches.
– CBS sports coverage of football. PLEASE! Stop showing fantasy stats 2 minutes into the first quarter! Just give me the scores. FOX tried this one week, then they realized it is very annoying. The CBS pre-game hosts are so stiff, serious and boring – they need to re-think their coverage. Also – please get the grown men dressed in suits OFF a mini field recreating plays. It's embarrassing to watch them fake passes, pretend to block and run about in slow motion while telling us lowly viewers what is going on. Who thought this was a good idea? Even the superior FOX pre-game does the 'All State Covers the Field' segment – it's just terrible!
– VOX. I like so many things about VOX, but you'd think they'd have the bugs worked out. I can rarely comment on other blogger's posts. I would say my success rate is less than 10%. For a month I couldn't load any books… It seems like there aren't many 'real' people out there… only ads and tweets…
– The music in the Big Break. The Big Break is a compelling (although slightly cheesy) golf competition reality show on the golf channel. The 'background' music is so loud it's difficult to hear them speak! The music is full of 80's inspired gratuitous guitar riffs chock with dramatic starts and stops. It makes the show nearly unwatchable. I swear the guy editing the sound is also the writer, producer, and composer of said crappy music and he thinks it's the most important part of the show. ARG!
– The service at RBC. My mom isn't exactly mobile right now. After a rough hour of therapy the other day, she asked me to run into the Royal Bank to make a deposit. She handed me her bank card and a personal check written to herself from her CIBC account. The place was completely empty, and the teller asked me if I had an account there, and I told her not for about 8 years or so – and informed me I couldn't deposit it for her. She called over a supervisor and they told me it's illegal for me to have her card – I pointed to my mom sitting in the car and told them it's difficult for her to walk. No go. She has been banking at RBC so long her account number is like '8'! I have been making deposits for my mom at CIBC for 20 years. Random vacationers deposit money in our account in Tennessee all the time. When in real estate, it was a well known fact that RBC lacked customer service. They told me my mom would have to come in. I pointed at the teller and supervisor and said, 'This is exactly why I don't bank at RBC - your customer service it terrible!' My mom then limped in, and we had to wait a few minutes for the supervisior to re-appear - although the place was empty - they told her to swipe her card in the card reader, it didn't work, oh wait, no you have to sign this… they have no idea what they are doing there… they told my mom, now that they 'know' her, (she has been banking at that location since it opened more than 30 years ago…) if she needs to do another transaction, they can come out to the car (no drive up window…). Sure. Brutal.
– Tim Horton's. I was at the drive thru last week, and after making my order, the girl working the drive thru said, '$1.32'. No drive up, no please – just the total. When I picked up my coffee, she never said a word. Not the amount, not the change she gave me and not a 'have a good night'. Nothing. I should have said, 'HEY! You may hate your life and your job, but you're paid to be nice. It's your job to be polite, follow policy and smile.' Ah well, I'll put that retort in the vault and use it next time - I'm sure there will be a next time.
– People who are all show and no go. I know people who brag about the parties they attend, the rich people they know, the cars they drive – and when it comes to being generous – nothing. If they donate anything it's used and worthless. There is a Sutton Creek Ladies Christmas party next week where we all bring toys and canned goods to donate. Believe me – I'll be watching to see what this one lady brings. She is so pathetic. If she doesn't bring anything I will say something to her.
– No response. I hate when I ask people to get back to me on something and they don't. Even if they don't have the answer, then just tell me that! I'm guilty of this occasionally, but I always apologize and have a reason… some people are just lazy, afraid so say 'no', or are trying to piss me off.
Oh, there's more… but I have to run, and wow, I really feel better now!