Because ’tis the season, and I’m logged in.
First – lately.
It was a great Christmas. One of the first that I wasn’t freaking out about how much I was spending or the size of our credit card balance. That’s when my little income really comes in handy. Whew!
We’re having a few peeps over for New Year’s Eve. Most of our regulars have other parties to attend, so there’ll just be a few of us – it should be nice.
GD – Yesterday I somehow managed to simultaneously drop our dining room table on my toe, while stubbing it. One in a million chance doc. Yikes. My toenail is not long for this world. Thank goodness it’s not during golf season, or I’d be in a serious pout.
2013 – It was a great year. One for the books. Lots of adventure and travelling. A lot of great times with friends and plenty of god health. Yip. I didn’t read 50 book (more like 35ish), I didn’t get into awesome physical shape (but I was looking pretty good for a while anyway) – but I did more than double by small income – so it was a good balance.
2014 – Here’s some hopes and goals.
– Adventure, fun, travelling, outings, innings and all around good times. Billy and I are looking into a little golf getaway in March – that’s a great start. I think I have a car to drive back from Florida in April or May. I want to attend more local events with friends and spend less time on the couch (although I read quite a bit) – I want to get out more.
– Golf – I want to get to a 10 handicap – last season I floated from a 13 to a 16. I hope to play more and practice before every round. I hope to take at least 3 lessons at the beginning of the season. I hope to improve my game to increase the amount of fun I have while playing and able to be competitive with my husband.
– Football – Is it weird that I feel like the Browns are so bad because of me? If I was a better person, would they win more? I need to get less caught up in the Browns, it’s bad for my overall morale.
– Finances and ‘stuff’ – I want to steamline our spending and have less stuff. When stuff comes in, stuff goes out. I’d rather spend money on adventure and fun times than stuff. I’m generally pretty good at that, but I could be better.
– Work – I hope to work smarter and learn more to better serve my clients. I’ve become a lot better working with images this last year, and this year I hope to bring my clients more connections and money. I have a roadmap, I just have to follow it.
– Husband – I hope to have lots of great times with him. He is my favourite person in the world. Last year was pretty awesome and I hope to continue this in 2014.
– Health – Good God this holiday season has been bad for me. No self control or will power, my injured toe is sure not to help me get off to a good start. I simply need to eat a bit better (planning!) and move more.
I wish everyone all the best in 2014!