Not too long ago, I officially declared the remainder of summer, up until like American Thanksgiving to be ‘The Summer of Liz’.
I feel like it’s been a fail.
It’s been a good summer, but not an amazing epic super duper fun good times summer.
We’ve (and I’ve) had lots of great adventures… let’s go a quick review
- Port Stanley girl’s week-end – awesome. Got a new tat along with my 4 besties…
- Port Stanley to visit and stay with Billy’s cousin – a great time. Love hanging with them in that great little town…
- Lots of golf – some good rounds, some not so great, but usually a very fun time.
- Drive-in – that was a while back, but fun!
- Random peeps over for some backyard fun
- Two great summer parties – one was a neighbour’s, the other was Kiki’s annual golf and pool party. Good times!
- A trip to Indiana golfing for my 40th birthday. It could not have been better!
- Spring trip to the house in TN and Nashville – that’s when I officially ‘had enough’ and decided to list the house for sale. Fun time down there with two awesome chicks.
- Pre-season Lions at Browns game last week with Kikipants. Seriously a great time.
There’s been more stuff too, but I think you get the point…
So what’s the problem? I think it’s the stress that’s blocking me from looking back on the summer so far as a fail. I don’t have that ‘free and easy feeling’. My responsibilities have increased in my main job (and the pay has increased to reflect that change… but still). Another client has crawled out of the woodwork and I’m starting to work with them again this week. I worked a TON in June and feel like my efforts are not appreciated (because the stuff I set up is not really being used…) All the stuff with the house in TN has been a weight on me.
I’m not complaining… and there is still SO much awesomeness to come… it’s just that I’m feeling like I haven’t fully enjoyed myself due to the responsibilities and stress. Sometimes I just shake my head, like, ‘I do social media… I’m not curing cancer, it’s not life of death, it’s social media!’ But I really give it my all, and there are still areas I’m slacking in, and a billion things left undone… and it weighs.
I’ve also been in a bit of a funk lately. I try to focus on all the good stuff, but the stress gets in the way.