I can’t be the only one who wakes up and everyday has something, ‘they don’t want to do’ to do.
It can be big (like going to work) or small (like returning a phone call), but I think (well, hope really, for the sake of my feeling normal…) that we all have some tasks everyday that we would rather just not do. For the most part, we do them, right? I may not want to clean out the coffee maker, but if I don’t I know it will be gross tomorrow – so we suck it up and do what we don’t want, or feel like doing. I think it’s best if we can just go on auto-pilot and get done the many meaningless, repetitive, boring things throughout the day.
My day today was so full of things I didn’t want to do. Things I didn’t ‘feel’ like doing, but I did them anyway, here’s a small sample…
Today I didn’t want to:
– get out of bed, brush teeth, shower
– clean the coffee maker, clean the blender, load the dishwasher, feed the dogs, make the bed, straighten up the baesment
– make something to eat, and eat – hunger won
– take a urine sample of our older dog, drop if off at the Vet, take the dogs for a walk
– Work on stuff for our golf tournament
– Talk to the Vet on the phone
No big deal doing these things. I just didn’t want to. I’m not whining about all the things I had to do today – there really weren’t many, and tonight I’m just making dinner, downloading some stuff, and getting some groceries. I don’t think it’s depression (that’s more like ‘physically unable to do anything’), it’s more like laziness and being completely without ambition and inspiration, I guess.
Life is still good though.