Slight guilt about not posting – thanks GOM!
Soooo… I’ve been busy. Who’s not busy? Busy is better than bored which I certainly was the last few winters. This year – thankfully, not so much. Oh, and I make money now – how nice.
I can sometimes ‘get away with’ working 20 hours a week. I won’t detail too much about what I do, (it’s a lot of social media stuff) but basically I turn the computer on at 7:30 am, and work on it until I’m told the battery is dying. Sometimes that’s it for the day, but usually not. It doesn’t matter how much or how little I work: I get paid the same no matter what (with a recent ‘raise’ being a purchase of an iphone for me by my ‘boss’ – sweet!).
I’ll walk the dogs, do house stuff, make dinner, read, watch TV with William, or see some friends. Nothing too crazy.
In the last few weeks I’ve had more things added to my plate – either self inflicted (helping a friend get a business started, offering to help out with SEO for an acquaintance) or because I’ve volunteered to ‘help’ my ‘boss’ out (taking notes in a 3 hour meeting, writing a blog post, looking into travel arrangements). I’ve also been ‘stuck’ doing things that aren’t exactly in my skill set, nor in my very loose, very nearly non-existent job description, (renewing domains for which we have no password, creating ads to placed in the UK marketplace, creating a press release).
I’ve had great success in the last few days (despite a massive post SuperBowl hangover, and spending 1.5 hours on hold with a domain registrar to no avail) in crossing some of the more crappier things off my every growing, never ending, constantly expanding to-do list. Yeah me. I even got a mention in the Wild Web World – sort of, it says the article was written by my ‘boss’ but it was me that wrote it! Me me me! Haha.
Other things of note (or not)
– there is a rogue onion piece hiding somewhere in our house, and my super sensitive olfactory system is on high alert and I’m constantly annoyed. I have tossed out nearly empty garbages, searched under cabinets and washed the floor to no avail. It’s driving me crazy.
– it’s hardly been a winter, which I’m super thankful for. This time last year we had a total snowfall of several feet – this year it’s been only a few inches. However, the above freezing temperatures, and a crap load of rainfall, plus two dogs makes me constantly cleaning dog’s paws. Annoying.
– with this warm-ish winter (it was in the 50’s the other day!), I’m getting the golf itch. I’m certain, even if we have an early spring, that our course won’t be open until April at the earliest. Ah well.
– William is at a funeral (wake, showing, whatever) that I should be at. I’m not at. It’s awful for me to admit the lengths I will go to to avoid seeing ‘certain’ people. My life is better without said ‘certain’ people in, near or around – hence, I have guilt about missing this showing for our friend’s father. Ugh.
– Life is good, friends, family, husband, dogs are good.
That is all for now. The laptop is about to die for the second time today (and it was plugged in for several hours!). I’ve done enough and am now going to watch some crappy TV or read. Ahh…