Very original post title, I know.
So a new year… here’s some goals:
– blog more, trying for daily.
– read more, hopefully a book a week. I have been reading more lately and I realized how much I missed it this ‘last’ year. Last year was the first in 3 years that I didn’t read 50 books – because I am now employed, I don’t expect to read 50, but perhaps 40. I just started Stephen King’s new book ’11/22/63′ and am really liking it. I just finished ‘Pillars of the Earth’ – and loved it. I plan on reading the other two.
– attain a more healthy weight. I am a good 20-30 lbs over what I feel is a good weight for me, so that’s gotta change.
– become a better golfer. My game really fell apart last year because I was unable to practice as I had the year previous. This year, with regular practice I hope to maintain a Sutton Creek handicap of 12-15, but would be ecstatic to have it below 10, even for a few weeks.
– be a better wife, dog mom, daughter, daughter in law, sister, aunt, friend ’employee’ and person in general. That’s a tall order, but I think by being more attentive, a better listener and more available I can accomplish this goal.
– keep up on the garden and yard work better (probably won’t be difficult as I won’t be working my ‘jobby’ this summer).
– seek out some more money – I’m starting something soon that I don’t ‘know’ if it will ever make money, but for sure I should be able to seek out some more email marketing contracts, (I currently have 3 – one is volunteer however).
– eat better and cook more. I used to try new recipes all the time, but was frustrated because William only liked on average one in five – but I’ll look for more ‘sure things’. I’m getting tired of rotating the same 5-10 recipes all the time.
– be more organized – especially with my pictures and computer files.
Well, that’s about it. I read from a wise man that goals are only dreams until you commit them to paper – and then they are more likely to happen, so hopefully it applies to cyber space!
Smile more, even when I’m sleeping.