On Thursdays of late Billy has been leaving for the gym at around 5:15 am. That’s after hitting the snooze once or twice. The dogs think it’s time to get up! Time to eat! Time to play! Time to go outside! Ugh.
I’m not one of those people who can’t function without their morning coffee. I’m a bit of a coffee snob (grind Columbian everyday!), but I like to have a few things done before I sit at the computer with the local (okay, Detroit) news on.
Today, I just wanted to skip everything and have a coffee, instead, I:
– Let Halia out (she usually refuses to go outside until after her breakfast, today was an odd exception) and back in
– Turned on the coffee
– Picked up random clothes on the floor from last night
– Moved some empty hangers in the bedroom closet
– Fed the dogs
– Stripped the bed and started a load of laundry
– Remembered to turn off the alarm (set for 7, but I was up by 6:30)
– Emptied the dish washer
– Put away the blender
– Put away last night’s clean dishes from the sink
– Let Shank outside and back in
– Fix the dogs’ beds
– Cleaned and refilled the dog’s water bowl
– Moved pillows, blankets, fluffed the couch cushions, moved the laptop, found a pair of socks peeking out from under the couch, put away glasses, (drinking and reading kind), looked for and found 2 TV remotes, put the cordless phone back on the base, and arranged pillows and blankets for the dogs in the basement.
– Refilled the coffee creamer
– Put last night’s glasses into the dishwasher (not the reading kind)
– Added a couple of items to my grocery list
– Fiddled with a light (hate that it’s still so dark at 7am!)
Then I poured myself a cup of coffee and went through my normal computer routine. No, I haven’t yet brushed my teeth – I will after I’m done drinking coffee.
Life’s good, but I would have liked to stay in bed a bit longer this morning.
Hello bed, I’m looking forward to crawling into your cosy goodness already, however, without the 100lbs dog…