Of October that is…
Wow, the summer is definitely gone! Here are some clues:
– Cold at night. Brr! It has been in the 60*’s lately, but on occasion has dipped into the 30*’s at night. So many of the flowers are still in bloom and looking great, as is the grass – a bit weird for this time of year.
– The Dairy Freeze is closed – well not actually quite yet – their last day was to be Sunday, but they usually stay open a few days past to sell off their stock. I’m sure it won’t be open tomorrow if it is even open today.
– Leaves. We have 3 trees in our yard, the tallest being about 12 feet, and doncha know we have a billion leaves! Foul! Not Fair!
– The Season Closer is Saturday. Rats! Damn! It’s going to be a great event, we’re playing 18 plus an optional 2 holes and golfing in 8-somes. Crazy! It’s supposed to be in the high 50*’s. Brr.
– The calendar. Yep, that’s a pretty significant hint. The pages just keep flipping by.