I feel that I should say a few things about my recent trip, here they are in point form, as I simply don't have patience with my lack of typing skills to expand further…
– The Downtown area is beautiful, the people are beautiful. One out of every 3 chicks has fake boobs.
– TOL makes a very good travel companion.
– Balboa park is one of the best places I've ever been. I'll never forget it.
– I loved the Zoo. I really liked how tropical it felt, and I found the elevation changes within very pretty. Way better than the Detroit Zoo.
– The W Hotel kicks ass. The nicest place I've ever stayed.
– The city is pretty expensive. Drinks are expensive, food is expensive. People are so skinny there because when they can afford to eat, you hardly get anything.
– They serve avocado with pretty much everything.
– There are a LOT of homeless in the downtown area. TOL almost stepped on someone's head, and I'll never eat eggs over easy again without thinking about a homeless person… 'nuff said…
– There is a funky smell in the park in front of Horton Plaza.
– There were thousands of people in the Gaslamp for Mardi Gras, and I didn't see one boob. It was crazy!
I will have some more comments when I get motivated to spend time thinking… airport/airplane people, taxi cabs, and more… here are some pics…