I'm right here.
I've been a little busy, meaning that my days of late have held some small purpose for me. This week, I painted our bedroom. Unless you've undertaken such a feat, you may not fully understand and appreciate the enormity of the project, especially when you are a tad OCD… so I'll elaborate….
– Removed everything except 2 dressers, the bed and the bedside table, including eveything from the closet, and light fixtures
– Vacuumed and swiffer dusted the ceiling
– Painted the ceiling
– Vacuumed and swiffer dusted the walls and baseboards, putty-ed cracks and marks in the wall
– Taped the carpet, and all the shelving in the closet, the window, and doors. I tried to tape the French Doors, and gave up after one of 60 window panels
– Painted the trim, and French Doors
– Removed the tape
– Sanded the putty-ed areas, then had to re-vacuum and swiffer dust said areas. Opps, will remember that one…
– Taped the ceiling and the baseboards, (not easy in case you don't know….)
– Painted the walls including the entire closet 2 coats.
– Removed tape, (with Billy's help)
Later Day 3
– Scraped the paint off the window panels from the French Doors. It takes 1 hour to do one door…
– Moved back furniture, (with Billy's help)
– Hung pictures, and moved most items back into the bedroom
– Moved the clothes back into the closet
– Organized mine and Billy's clothes according to most frequently worn.
– Went to Hardware store to purchase more painter's tape and supplies for the next painting adventure, and additional shelving for the closet
– Put together a shelving unit for out shoes, (okay 8 are mine, 1 pair is Billy's…)
– Put together a 7 foot high tower for hats
– Billy cuts out the bottam bit of the tower so it can be flush against the wall
- I a) attach the thing to the wall in 4 places, b) attach a rod c) admire my handiwork, d) consider a possible future in closet organization (this by the way used, 2 screw drivers, a drill, a hammer, a little saw thing, the name escapes me right now, and a measuring tape.
– I declare to myself that I have skills.
– Use ceiling paint and trim paint to correct the few mistakes I made, (I'm good, Billy says that I'm too hard on myself, I bite my tongue re: OCD)
I have done more this week as well, and I'll elaborate, for your reading pleasure, later… (that was sarcasm btw)